Overcoming the Fear of Scarcity
Why do we fear scarcity when we don’t need to?
- Growing up told to finish our meal
- Told we always need a snack on hand (don’t want to be caught without a snack)
- Our parents, the food industry
- True scarcity (poverty / neglect)
The fear of scarcity with Fasting
- Planning a fast can induce binge prior
- Breaking a fast might result in binging on carb-laden poor nutritional choices.
How to get over this mentality
- You will not starve
- You are burning your fat – YAY!!
- You don’t HAVE TO FAST – you can always eat
- Don’t plan a fast just see how things go
- Bring a healthy snack but don’t eat it