Things Pete Learned today…..
Autophagy necessary to prevent cancer.
Question: If metabolically healthy, do you need to eat a ketogenic diet?
- Unless epilepsy, cancer, dementia, etc.
- May be able to get preventative effects just from daily fasting
- Ketogenic diet is a therapeutic tool
- It is also not a religion
- And it is not a magic bullet
- Paleo/Whole30/Keto – whatever works just eat real food
- Doesn’t really matter your macros
Question: Why does it matter as long as you are doing the right thing for you?
- Maybe it doesn’t
- It’s hard to watch suffer (especially friends and family)
- Diet choices also affect all of us with regards cost of healthcare
- Disability (financial implications, emotional implications)