What is Decision Fatigue
The more choices you make throughout the day, the harder each one becomes for your brain,
Eventually your brain looks for shortcuts,
- act impulsively instead of expending the energy to first think through the consequences.
- do nothing.
“Decision fatigue helps explain why ordinarily sensible people get angry at colleagues and families, splurge on clothes, buy junk food at the supermarket and can’t resist the dealer’s offer to rustproof their new car. No matter how rational and high-minded you try to be, you can’t make decision after decision without paying a biological price”
Why modern society has way too much of this?
Food choices, clothing choices, netflix choices, instagram, facebook,
What does this lead to?
- Eating too much (studies show variety leads to overeating)
- This might relate to willpower too
How Do we counteract
- Acknowledge it
- “Steve Job’s outfit (scrubs for me, capsule wardrobe)
- Eat same thing for the most part.
- Just say no to foods you are addicted
- Mindfulness and meditation
- Focus on the process